Stronger and higher quality boxes
The pack produced with the Freebox® system offers 20-30% greater resistance to static loads, dynamic loads, bursting and rolling compared to the traditional American style format pre-erected in a sheet plant.
Boxes made with Freebox®:
- have 4 reinforcing corner pieces
- use a technique designed to increase anchorage of the hot melt glue to the surfaces to be bonded. The adhesive effect of the hot melt glue is combined with the mechanical strength characteristic.
The company can therefore choose to use the customary cardboard to produce a stronger pack, or opt for cost savings on the raw material by using a lighter weight cardboard sheet while still obtaining the same strength as a classic pre-erected American box.
Freebox® packs have undergone the Box Compression Test (BCT), which demonstrated:
- The Freebox pack is 30% stronger: this is shown by a TÜV certified test
- The patented glue anchorage system makes the pack stronger
- The box corners are reinforced
- The bottom of the box is composed of a continuous sheet of cardboard, thus eliminating problems associated with taping
- The box can be formed by combining two different cardboard types
- In the event of overloading, the Freebox carton collapses uniformly, not on the corners